Leaders

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pride and Predjudice and Zombies oh my!

I've never been a fan of delivering a review for something I haven't completed, but then again, that's never stopped me.

Right now I'm reading a book called "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!" The basic gist is Seth Grahame-Smith takes Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" and tweaks it with zombies (and the occasional ninja).

As a forewarning, I have to say that this book is absolutely hilarious. But it is only funny because I love the original. For those who skipped "Pride and Prejudice" in their sophomore English class, go back and read it. It's better than watching a marathon of reality television.

The zombie-fied version of P&P is so well put together - mostly because Grahame-Smith only changes around some words of Austen's original text and adds in a few scenes or two. Essentially, the original story is the same. The events progress in the same way. Elizabeth and Darcy eventually overcome their complicated problems and express their love to each other - they just do it while defeating a hord of zombies!

It even has artwork! In the words of our beloved former President W. "The best thing about books is sometimes there are fantastic pictures!" The artwork is amazing, but sparse. It's only there for extra amusement, but well done nonetheless.

I'll update with another entry as soon as I am done reading it. As for now, go out and find yourself a copy of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" and get ready to laugh yourself to death - then rise once again to walk among the land of the living.
allvoices

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I saw you’re reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.I'm so glad that you're enjoying it! I’m with Quirk Books, and I wanted to let you know that we’re announcing our next title in the Quirk Classic series very soon. Our Quirk Classics Facebook fans will receive a special update on July 15th at 12:00 a.m. EST! If you’re not a member of Facebook, you can always check out QuirkClassics.com. Thanks and happy reading!